The Summer Internship Program is one of Discovery’s prime opportunities to invest in young leaders for a lifetime of intimacy with God, community with His people and mission in the world. It is also a prime opportunity for those students to experience deep discipleship and growth in practical ministry and leadership skills.
- Intern Development
Discovery Interns spend a minimum of 20% of their time in spiritual training, prayer, mentorship & community-life relationships.
- Meaningful Team Ministry
Discovery Interns work together to serve the marginalized in Tacoma, to plan & execute a Sports Camp for 200 kids in a high-poverty area, and to invest in the children & youth of Discovery.
- Individual Capstone Projects
Interns also work separately as part of different Discovery ministry teams to accomplish their personal Capstone Project, according to their individual skills & giftings. These projects may be in the areas of Community Outreach, Children, Youth, Worship, Administration, Communication, Discipleship & others — and will be determined collaboratively between interns, staff & key volunteers.
Discovery Community Church started as a small group of young adults in 2000 with a firm conviction that Jesus is the answer for our lives, our city, and this generation.
Today we are a diverse group of regular, everyday people – having real fun, living real faith, sharing real life.
Get off the sideline — Join us in making a difference in Tacoma!
- Community Outreach
- Student’s Ministry
- Children’s Ministry
- Sports Camp
- Creative, Graphic and Web Design
What you can expect from us
- Stipended full time summer internship (some schedule flexibility available)
- Training in support-raising if interns desire to raise support in addition to stipend
- Room and Board provided if needed
- One on One and Team Mentorship with Pastoral Staff
- A Vibrant Team of like-minded Interns
- Opportunities for Leadership Experience
- (2) Personal and Spiritual Development Projects
- Intern Capstone Project: Interns will manage and complete an essential project for their ministry area under the guidance of their supervisor. Projects vary by ministry
- Follower of Jesus and a heart for people
- Available for work June-August (some flexibility available)
- Submission of Application to Alex Benfanti by April 1, 2016