Discovery Groups are about creating Multiplying, inviting communities where people can press in to knowing Jesus and following him into his mission.
Links to Additional Resources Provided Below
“Growing Close” Video Teaching & Discussion Series: February & March 2020
This series of 5 Video Teachings by Pastor Jon – explored over 8 weeks – provides powerful tools for understanding, experiencing & communicating to others the transformation that the Holy Spirit works in us as he grows us close to himself. These are some of our best discipleship tools. Enjoy!
- Week One: Pastor Jon Intro Video (3 min)
- Week One: Teaching Video – Who is God and Who am I? (12 min)
- Week One: Discussion Guide
- Week Two: Teaching Video – How can I experience healthy relationships? (11 min)
- Week Three: Teaching Video – How can I experience growth? (11 min)
- Week Four: Teaching Video – How can I experience transformation?
- Week Five: Teaching Video – How can I express the gospel?
We will revisit this same Self-Reflection at the end of our Group Year in May/June, giving our Group Members the opportunity to recognize areas of growth and/or ongoing challenge.
- “Elevate” Week 1 Discussion Guide
- “Elevate” Week 2 Discussion Guide
- “Elevate” Week 3 Discussion Guide
- “Elevate” Week 4 Discussion Guide
- Starting Point Week 1 Discussion Guide: “Start”
- Starting Point Week 2 Discussion Guide: “Problem”
- Starting Point Week 3 Discussion Guide: “Trust”
- Starting Point Week 4 Discussion Guide: “Rules”
- Starting Point Week 5 Discussion Guide: “Jesus”
- Starting Point Week 6 Discussion Guide: “Grace”
- Starting Point Week 7 Discussion Guide: “Faith”
- Starting Point Week 8 Discussion Guide: “Invitation”
All Discovery Groups:
- Create space to build Friendships
- (and at least once per Quarter plan a week that is only FUN!)
- Engage God’s Word and pray every time we meet
- (and encourage steps for engaging God’s Word & praying throughout the week)
- Extend Invitations
- (knowing there are so many in need of community, we don’t “close” our Groups except in very specific circumstances)
- Identify a specific Mission Focus in our community
- (whom we will serve at least once per Quarter and for whom we will pray regularly)
- Share Ownership
- (we believe sharing even the small “tasks” of Group Life creates ownership – so we LOOK for ways to share tasks)
- Raise Up New Leaders!
- (we know the only way to continue to expand the reach God is giving us into our city is for new, even unlikely leaders to have places to learn, practice and then be sent out!)
Links to Resources:
Childcare Reimbursement Form (for both Groups & Multipliers’ Gatherings)
- Links & Ideas for Mission Focus Partners